Iris Marlene (Powers) Ivie
Iris was born August 12, 1936 in Salmon Idaho to Leroy and Myrtle Powers. She was raised on the banks of the Salmon River in the small town of Shoup Idaho. She was the last born of 7 sisters and 2 brothers. Her father worked the mines in Shoup and her Aunt & Uncle, Dyke and Alice Powers were ranchers in the Salmon and Pahsimeroi valleys. She graduated high school from Salmon High, Class of 1954 and attended Carroll College in Helena, Montana for nursing.
Iris married Vivian W. Ivie, In Mackay, Idaho, Oct. 4, 1956. They moved to Challis, Idaho in 1960. Vivian worked for the Forest Service on the road crew and Iris was mostly a stay at home mom and babysitting for extra money. Vivian and Iris moved to Darlington Idaho in 1980 where they lived until Vivian passed away in 1996. Iris then moved to Pocatello Idaho to be closer to family.
Iris passed away at her home in Pocatello, Idaho surrounded by family and friends on April 28, 2019. Services were held in Arco Idaho, at the Anderson Family Funeral Home, May 4, 2019. Iris was laid to rest beside her baby girl, Theresa and numerous members of her (Powers) family at the Hillcrest Cemetery in Arco.
Vivian and Iris had 6 children.
- Theresa Charlotte Ivie, born April 1957. Baby Theresa had problems at birth and passed away
3 days later.
- Kim Walter Ivie, born March 1958, died Oct. 1994
- Brent Leroy Ivie, born August 1959.
- Mark Madison Ivie (Lorna), born 1960.
- Marlene Iris Bone (Gordon), born 1962.
- Ronda Karen Davis (David), born 1970.
- Cody Ivie, Jaqlyn Neal (Patrick), Autumn Seefried (Cotey), Samantha Ivie,
- Amber Hartman (Matthew), Dakota Ivie (Ciera), Kassi Ivie, Drake Ivie, Madison Ivie,
- Janessah Bone, Jennifer Reeves (Scott), Joshua Bone, Ashleigh Bone,
- Krista Butler (Thomas), Miranda Weir (Cole)
16 Great Grandchildren
- Holly Reeves
- Cooper Seefried, Kyralyn Seefried, Riley Seefried
- Hayley Hartman, Harlan Hartman
- Wyatt Kolsyn, Allyson Ivie
- Gabriel Ivie, Isaac Ivie
- Ian Butler, Jude Butler, Calvin Butler, Samson Butler
- Simon Weir, Dawson Weir
God has added the most beautiful Iris to his garden today. Rest well Grandma. You’ll be terribly missed, but loved and remembered forever. Your kindness will continue to permeate through this entire family that you raised. We are so lucky to have had you in our lives.
God looked around his garden
and saw an empty space
Then he looked down upon the earth
And saw your tired face
He put his arms around you
And lifted you to rest
God’s garden must be beautiful
He only takes the best